Location: Goshen, New York
Job Summary: The Nurse Practitioner provides age-specific advanced primary nursing including health education, preventive medicine, and communicable diseases, diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. This position examines and assesses patients, performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, and provides instruction and guidance to nursing and other health care professionals in their area of expertise.
* Collaborates and Physicians and other healthcare practitioners to ensure that their patients receive appropriate, timely and well- coordinated care.
* Records, reviews and interprets medical and social history of patients.
* Performs basic physical examinations, including EKG examinations, breast and Pelvic examinations and developmental tests.
* Evaluates the physical and psychosocial development of adult patients and families.
* Requests and evaluates diagnostic studies as indicated by the patient's physical status and protocols.
* Obtains materials for appropriate laboratory analysis and carries out selected laboratory procedures.
* Implements treatment regimen based on clinical evaluation and under the official protocols.
* Administers immunizations and medications as required.
* Establishes and implements treatment programs with physicians and other health professionals.
* Interviews and examines patients at appropriate intervals and revises medications as required.
* Identifies when patients require further evaluation or specialized care and makes the appropriate referrals
* Acts as a resource person to nursing staff and assists with their guidance and training in assigned.
* May provide advice and counsel on family planning methods in cooperation with nursing and outreach staff, and implements contraceptive regime.
* Utilizes automated systems and specialized software to enter and retrieve data and reports.
* May prescribe medications in accordance with established hospital procedures and regulatory requirements.
Experience: 1-3 years of Professional Nursing experience required.
Education: Master's Degree in Nursing from an accredited Nursing program.
Licenses / Certifications: Current NYS Nurse Practitioner with Prescription privileges, in a specialty area of practice required. Current BLS required.
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group, part of Bon Secours Charity Health Systems (BSCHS), a regional network of more than 120 primary care physicians and specialists from a broad array of medical specialties. BSCHS, a member of WMCHealth Network, includes Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY and St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY.