Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Senior Clinical Policy and Procedures Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for the development and implementation of standard policies, procedures, processes and best practices for clinical operations across the enterprise. This position identifies and collaborates with key stakeholders throughout WellMed, USMD and Optum Florida to ensure policies and procedures meet regulatory and statutory guidelines that govern our business practices and ensure quality assurance. Additionally, this position will develop a network of subject matter experts across the enterprise to coordinate comprehensive review of all proposed policies and procedures prior to submission for final approval by the Clinical Operations Policy and Procedure Committee and Senior Leadership. This role aids in guiding support staff, team workflow and operations. This individual is expected to be self-directed and will be given opportunities to work with less structured, more complex issues and serve as a resource for others.
- Develop and maintain policies, procedures, standing orders, logs, and other related resources for clinical operations across the enterprise
- Maintain a repository to organize the inventory of policies, procedures, standing orders, logs, and other related resources
- Gather information and subject matter expertise in response to customer, regulatory or internal evaluation requests for development or revision of enterprise-wide policies and procedures
- Demonstrate understanding of applicable laws, regulations, mandates and standards and the ability to interpret their applicability in a given situation (e.g., state statutes and administrative codes, Professional Boards, OSHA, CDC, and Optum Practice Health and Safety Standards)
- Identify and maintain a network of subject matter experts, key stakeholders and compliance contacts to ensure comprehensive review of policies and procedures prior to final approval
- Independently lead and/or organize policy related committees, working groups and educational opportunities to ensure regulatory, practice health and safety, and best practice compliance standards are met
- Prepare reports, presentations, verbal/written correspondences, policies, communications, procedures, and other required documentation
- Plan, provide guidance and delegate activities for subject matter experts, team members, clinical staff and support staff, as needed, to support policy related functions
- Act as a key resource for others with less experience
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BSN degree or related field (Four additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- Active, unrestricted Registered Nurse (RN) license in the applicable state of employment
- 5+ years of healthcare experience to include experience in a managed care setting, hospital setting and/or physician practice setting
- Solid experience with policy writing, development and implementation
- Experience in mobilizing teams and maintaining motivation to accomplish goals under stringent timelines required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to work with minimal guidance, seeking guidance only on the most complex tasks
- Out of town travel as deemed necessary by business need
- MSN degree or related field
- Solid program management, preferably within managed care
- Solid background in research
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail skill set
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to push or pull heavy objects using up to 10 pounds of force
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate office equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to properly drive and operate a company vehicle
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
USMD part of OptumCare is a multi-specialty group of hospital, clinics and physicians. USMD serves the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area with more than 250 physicians and associate practitioners, and provides healthcare services to patients in more than 20 different specialties at its 2 hospitals, 4 cancer treatment centers and nearly 50 physician clinics, many of which are multi-specialty.
Careers with USMD. If you’re idea of a great day at work involves putting great new ideas to work, we should talk. Throughout the greater Dallas area, we’ve built an evolving, integrated health care model that brings primary care and specialist providers together to work in new and better ways. A thriving part of OptumCare and the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, our multi - specialty group of hospitals, clinics and providers features more than 250 physicians and associate practitioners. We provide health care services to patients in more than 20 different specialties at our two hospitals, four cancer treatment centers and nearly 50 physician clinics. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.