Location: Newark, Delaware
ChristianaCare is currently seeking a full-time experienced Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner for Women's Health. The APC will evaluate, manage, and provide care to women seeking obstetrical and gynecologic care including family planning and prenatal services.
- Provide prenatal and gynecologic care to women including family planning.
- Assesses health status of assigned patients through complete physical examination and medical history.
- Analyzes patient data and formulates an individualized plan of care based on patient assessment and needs in collaboration with the attending physician, nursing, and other members of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Order, interpret and communicate results of appropriate lab tests and prescribe care and/or medications based on test results.
- Complete appropriate and timely documentation in the electronic health record (EHR), which includes history and physical (H&P), consults, progress notes, procedure/operative notes, discharge summaries, orders, and message center.
- Maintains privileges, mandatory education, and regulatory requirements as needed for area of specialization.
- Completion of a master's degree program and board certification as a Certified Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, Women's Health Nurse Practitioner or completion of a Physician Assistant program and board certification as a physician assistant.
- License or license eligible as a ACNP or PA in the State of Delaware and Maryland
- Minimum of three years clinical experience with two years of Women's Health experience required.
- Experience in in-office GYN procedures including IUD and Nexplanon insertion and removal, I&D of abscess, Endometrial biopsy, Vulvar biopsy, Wound care preferred.
ChristianaCare is one of the country's most dynamic health systems, centered on improving health outcomes, making high-quality care more accessible and lowering health care costs. ChristianaCare includes an extensive network of outpatient services, home health care, medical aid units, three hospitals (1,300 beds), a Level I trauma center and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a comprehensive stroke center and regional centers of excellence in heart and vascular care, cancer care and women's health. We rank 21st in the nation for hospital admissions and 6th for admission of stroke patients.
ChristianaCare is a not-for-profit teaching health system with more than 290 residents and fellows. We are continually ranked by US News & World Report as a Best Hospital. With our unique, data-powered care coordination service and a focus on population health and value-based care, ChristianaCare is shaping the future of health care.
Benefits of living in the Delaware Valley:
Working for ChristianaCare offers the best of urban and suburban living with multiple housing options, excellent restaurants and entertainment venues, quality public and private schools and a short driving distance to popular Delaware and New Jersey beaches. The location provides easy access to Washington, DC, Philadelphia, and New York City - all within a short drive or train ride from Newark, DE.
ChristianaCare is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
When we lead with love, excellence is inevitable.