MetroWest Medical Center is the largest community health care system between Worcester and Boston. MetroWest Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive care, at a location close to home. The 307-bed regional healthcare system includes Framingham Union Hospital, Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick and the MetroWest Wellness Center. MetroWest Medical Center has been named to the 2019 Americaâ��s 100 Best Hospitals List by Healthgrades.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the Director of Nursing, assists in the planning, administration, and evaluation of nursing care for patients undergoing a variety of cardiac procedures. Provides leadership, supervision, and development of staff. Assumes overall responsibility for the department in the absence of the Director of Nursing. Ensures quality and safe delivery of care to patients in the following age groups: Adult and Geriatric.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Coordinates day-to-day operation of the Cardiac Cath and EP lab, accountable for resource allocation.
2. Collaborates with Director of Nursing in maintaining staff accountability for competencies. Prepares and conducts staff meetings and unit in-services. Supports and participates in unit education, PI, and nursing education committees. Serves as clinical resource.
3. Responsible for staff annual evaluations. Provides timely feedback, coaching, and teaching to staff as needed.
4. Responsible for preparation of monthly time schedule and validation of time worked. Provides feedback to Director of Nursing related to personnel issues.
5. Handles patient/family and physician concerns appropriately.
6. Conducts daily staffing huddles; communicates effectively with all key stakeholders
7. Maintains and upholds vendor contracts per Tenet requirements
8. Oversees ordering departmental supplies, works with vendors/Bio Med to coordinate equipment functionality.
9. Assist Data Coordinator in maintaining required committees (Cath, EP quarterly, door to balloon etc.)
Onboarding Process: Please be advised that candidates must successfully complete a background check and pre-employment health screening which includes a drug screen.
OTHER JOB KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
1. Licensure in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as a Registered Nurse
2. Graduation from an accredited nursing program required with a Bachelorâ��s Degree in nursing preferred.
3. At least 2 years experience in a Cardiac Cath Lab role preferred.
4. Working knowledge of Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint.
5. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
6. BLS and ACLS Required
1. Patient care environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities associated with the job.
Primary Location: Framingham, Massachusetts
Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
If Other Shift, Specify: every other weekend and holiday required
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.