The Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) is responsible for coordinating activities to facilitate patient care including monitoring, maintaining, and promoting patient?s compliance with disease management, wellness/preventive services, appointments, scheduling, referrals, tests, and follow-up visits. The PCC serves as a point of contact, advocate, and information resource for patient, family, care team, payers, and community resources. The coordinator facilitates patient access to appropriate resources and utilization of available systems and processes. The PCC complies with quality standards and practices necessary to meet outcome targets for patient populations. All of the above reference activities can occur telephonically, in-clinic, and/or in the patient?s home.
1. Education/Licensure/Specialized Training:
a. Education: Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
Current licensure as Licensed Vocational Nurse in the state of Texas.
2. Work Experience: Three (3) years experience in acute or post-acute care. Previous experience in caring for chronic disease patients preferred. Previous Care Coordination, Case Management or Home Health experience preferred.
3. Equipment Operated: Computer and other office equipment
1. Communication Skills: Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact) Bilingual Skills Required. Preferred Language(s): Spanish Writing /Composing (Correspondence / Reports)
2. Other Skills: Analytical Medical Terms PC Word Proc.
3. Work Schedule: Weekends Flexible Overtime Travel 75%
4. Other Requirements: Strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Be attentive to details Ability to communicate proficiently through technology (e.g., email, etc.). Ability to handle difficult situations involving patients, physicians, or others in a professional manner. Competent in Microsoft Office to include Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Outlook
The Harris Health System is a fully integrated healthcare system that cares for all residents of Harris County, Texas. We are the first accredited healthcare institution in Harris County to be designated by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Patient-Centered Medical Home, and are one of the largest systems in the country to achieve the quality standard. Our system includes 23 community health centers, five school-based clinics, a dental center and dialysis center, mobile health units, a rehabilitation and specialty hospital and two full-service hospitals.Ben Taub Hospital is a world renowned Level I Trauma Center with 586 licensed acute-care beds and provides a wide range of specialty care outpatient services. Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital is a 328 licensed bed acute-care hospital with a newly expanded Level III trauma center and a distinguished regional center for neonatal intensive care for high-risk deliveries.Harris Health is a teaching system for Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth). We train the next generation of healthcare providers on the latest medical procedures and technological breakthroughs.With... our fully integrated electronic medical records system, we offer patients the convenience and assurance that their medical history is accurate, safe and available when and where it is needed. Our Medical Home designation ensures that we offer a full range of preventive, specialty and acute care services for the entire family.