Guest Services Rep 40 hrs Days 10:30 am - 7 pm Monday - Friday Framingham
MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Location: Town of Framingham, Massachusetts
Admin / Clerical
Internal Number: 2105021611
MetroWest Medical Center is the largest community health care system between Worcester and Boston. MetroWest Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive care, at a location close to home. The 307-bed regional healthcare system includes Framingham Union Hospital, Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick and the MetroWest Wellness Center. MetroWest Medical Center has been named to the 2019 Americaâ��s 100 Best Hospitals List by Healthgrades.
GENERAL SUMMARY: As a vital part of MetroWest Medical Center, Guest Services Representative creates a bridge between the hospital, patients, families and the community.
The primary responsibility of the Guest Services Representative is to provide a positive first impression to everyone that is entering the hospital and provide them with the appropriate information as requested. Their work requires them to keep patientsâ�� rights in mind and answer patientsâ�� questions and ensure that they are provided with a positive experience upon entering and exiting the hospital.
It is expected that all guests will be welcomed and provided with excellent customer service.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Greets and directs patients and visitors in a courteous, pleasant and approachable manner at all times.
2. Answers all incoming phone lines as scripted. Provide information, directs calls, and takes messages.
3. Completes a variety of clerical duties, such as setting up and maintaining religion lists, opening and closing of the desk, coordinating all of the volunteers and their shifts for the Guest Services desk, distributing and forwarding mail, and monitoring patientâ��s deliveries. Maintain records relating to various hospital and public meetings, patient appointments, and functions unique to individual hospital offices/dept.
4. Monitors lobby area; maintains a neat and clean presence in the lobby at all times, maintains supply of wheelchairs. Coordinates all patients transport needs and works closely with valet to ensure patients are receiving great customer service.
5. Obtains patient list daily and direct outside professionals and visitors to register themselves in the appropriate area.
6. Abides by HIPAA/PHI standards and ensures confidentiality of information while assisting anyone.
7. Ability to create a positive and caring first impression.
8. Courtesy, Respect and Empathy must be maintained at all times.
9. Ability to use a computer, Microsoft office and other computer software as needed.
10. Commitment to be present at assigned time.
11. All other duties as assigned.
Onboarding Process: Please be advised that candidates must successfully complete a background check and pre-employment health screening which includes a drug screen.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. High School diploma (Associate degree preferred)
2. Two yearsâ�� of experience required in customer service.
3. Hospital and Medical terminology experience preferred
4. Bi-Lingual Preferred (Spanish and/or English)
5. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
6. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing,
7. Clerical experience and computer skills necessary
1. Fast paced hospital setting
2. Open receptionist area
Job: Customer Service
Primary Location: Framingham, Massachusetts
Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.