MetroWest Medical Center is the largest community health care system between Worcester and Boston. MetroWest Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive care, at a location close to home. The 307-bed regional healthcare system includes Framingham Union Hospital, Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick and the MetroWest Wellness Center. MetroWest Medical Center has been named to the 2019 Americaâ��s 100 Best Hospitals List by Healthgrades.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under general supervision and according to established procedures and regulations, operates radiation therapy equipment in order to deliver prescribed doses of radiation used in the treatment of cancerous disease. Performs related monitoring, clerical, and service duties. Ensures quality and safe delivery of care to patients in the following age groups: All ages; Neonate; Infancy; Toddler; Preschool; School age; Adolescent; Adult; Geriatric.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Schedules daily treatment appointments. Obtains pertinent medical history from patient and patient record information, reviews progress notes and pertinent information, and verifies treatment prescription. Instructs patient concerning treatment and reinforces Radiation Oncologist's advice to patients concerning treatment reactions and appropriate care. Ensures the signing of legal consent forms. Performs related clerical and service duties, such as maintaining IMPAC treatment schedule, ordering necessary supplies, and maintaining work area. Remains abreast of developments in the field of radiation therapy by attending continuing education programs, reading pertinent literature, attending inservice instructions, and participating in professional organizations.
2. Prepares room and equipment for each patient. Assists patients onto tables (from wheelchairs, beds, stretchers) and positions them according to treatment being done in order to deliver the most precise treatment. Sets up and adjusts equipment, selecting technical factors in order to provide proper distance, field size, dosage, and beam alignment; applies shielding and immobilization device as necessary; operates radiation therapy equipment (linear accelerator) to deliver prescribed treatment. Accurately delivers the prescribed, planned course of treatment. Monitors the patient's condition during treatment; immediately notifies designated personnel concerning significant changes. Assists patients from the treatment room following procedures. Adheres stringently to all safety standards delineated for radiation therapy activities.
3. Maintains records of treatment given, patients seen, dosage administered, etc., according to established procedures and regulations governing information maintenance.
4. Assists physicians in tumor localization procedures through simulation activities and fluoroscopic procedures and taking radiographs as directed; mixes and administers barium and other solutions in order to produce clearly outlined images; closely observes patient's reaction after infusion of contrast media; maintains precise records of simulation indices (tumor volumes, treatment fields, etc.) so that exact replicability can be achieved during therapy. Operates standard radiologic equipment to take and develop radiographs for the purposes of equipment set-up, simulation, and progress assessment. Assembles films and film folders to be used for patient treatment (films are to be given either to the treatment machine or to the block cutter).
5. Performs daily and monthly equipment checks as well as regularly scheduled quality control procedures. Reports equipment malfunctions to physicist or supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS: 1. Level of knowledge equivalent to that ordinarily acquired through completion of an Associate's Degree in radiation therapy technology.
2. One to two years of experience.
3. Registered or registry-eligible by the ARRT.
4. Current licensure as a radiation therapist in Massachusetts.
Job: Radiation Therapy
Primary Location: Framingham, Massachusetts
Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2105025950
About MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.