MetroWest Medical Center is the largest community health care system between Worcester and Boston. MetroWest Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive care, at a location close to home. The 307-bed regional healthcare system includes Framingham Union Hospital, Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick and the MetroWest Wellness Center. MetroWest Medical Center has been named to the 2019 Americaâ��s 100 Best Hospitals List by Healthgrades.
Description - External
Working under supervision of the Food Service Supervisor, performs various written or verbal tasks to set up or prepare hot or cold food items for daily meals as instructed or from requisitions. May perform one or more of the following duties.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assembles plates, trays, utensils, and other serving items as required. Assembles special diet trays or late trays as ordered. Keeps serving stations supplied with food items, tray components, and utensils as necessary.
2. Prepares and assembles salad items as required. Slices rolls and breads as needed. Prepares dessert portions, slices fruit sections for patient trays as ordered. Prepares hot or cold sandwiches as ordered. Pours hot and cold beverages as ordered. Prepares any other food items as directed.
3. Operates and cleans various electric kitchen equipment.
4. Serves foods at serving table for patient trays. Prepares and serves between-meal nourishments or snacks as ordered. Delivers trays or carts to patients and/or patientsâ�� areas, retrieves used trays or carts to kitchen for cleaning or disposal. Maintains counters, steamtables, utensils, and other working surfaces in a clean and orderly condition.
5. May clean and load dishwashers, or wash items by hand as necessary. Stores cleaneds items in proper location. Cleans, sweeps, and mops floors as required. Performs special projects or cleaning duties as required.
Qualifications - External
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. Ability to follow routine written and verbal instructions and routine arithmetic calculations.
2. Up to two months of on-the-job training or experience.
1. Frequent exposure to heat and other elements in the kitchen. Uses knifes and other kitchen utensils.
2. Regular walking and standing for extended periods of time
3. Frequently lifts light weight materials, pushes heavy food trucks to floors to deliver and retrieve patient trays (1 to 2 times a day).
Job: Food Service/Preparation/Dietary
Primary Location: Natick, Massachusetts
Facility: MetroWest Leonard Morse Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2105014360
About MetroWest Leonard Morse Hospital
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.