GASTROENTEROLOGY ADVANCED PRACTICE CLINICIAN (CRNP OR PA-C)
Crozer-Keystone Gastroenterology Associates has an exciting opportunity for an Advanced Practice Clinician (APC) - Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - to join ten Gastroenterologists based primarily at Crozer-Chester Medical Center in Upland, PA.
This is a wonderful opportunity for an APC to work in a variety of fast-paced settings and support a large growing practice offering tertiary level care, and become a well-respected clinician in a growing health network.
The APC, in collaboration with their physician partners, will round on patients in the hospital, be responsible for consults and patient follow-up to support this rapidly growing practice. This position will also include outpatient office hours where the APC will have the opportunity to build their own panel of patients as they evaluate and treat patients with a wide spectrum of gastrointestinal diseases and disorders.
The minimum of a Master's Degree required. Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner with current licensure and prescriptive authority in Pennsylvania, or current Pennsylvania licensure and certification as a Physician Assistant is required.
GI experience is preferred; candidates should possess excellent communication and problem solving skills, and be able to multitask and work effectively in teams as well as independently.
Advanced and Interventional Endoscopy Clinical Support CRNP
To provide excellent patient care by coordinating expedited processing of referrals, scheduling procedures, addressing basic clinical questions and ensuring patient follow up.
- CRNP with at least 2 years' experience in related health care.
- Prior office experience in procedure related specialty is desirable but not mandatory.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills with patients, staff and other health care professionals.
-Knowledge of gastroenterology diagnoses basic treatment recommendations and health education.
- Must demonstrate understanding and stratification of clinical risk.
-Ability to assess basic concerns from patients, plan and implement appropriate and immediate nursing advise and ensure timely relay of messages to MD for issues that are more complex.
- Knowledge of and able to work with electronic medical record (EMR) system.
-Consistent professional conduct and meticulous attention to details.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure consistent high standard of nursing care to patients working within program/office policies and expectations.
- Address all patient call directly and respond to messages in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure patient charts are adequately prepared with concerns of major illnesses and medications highlighted.
- Coordinate work with the medical assistant (MA) for chart prep, procedure scheduling and changes, post procedure follow up for all patients, coordinating subsequent referrals directly,
and coordination and communication with endoscopy nursing staff.
- Maintain personal contact with patients and next of kin with sensitivity to their needs for expedited evaluation with courtesy, dignity and privacy.
- Work with minimal supervision and contribute to local resolution, investigation and follow up of any informal or formal patient relates issues or complaints.
- Develop competence in completing patient letters related to results and pathology after MD review and other specific instructions
Interested candidates please contact Nora Yosry, Physician Recruiter at Nora.Yosry@crozer.org or by phone at (610)507-8775 .We look forward to hearing from you!