The Contra Costa County Health Services Department is offering an excellent career opportunity for qualified individuals interested in the Health Equity Program Manager position. The department currently has one vacancy in the Office of the Director located in Martinez, CA.
Under general direction, the Health Equity Program Manager serves as the manager of the Health Services Reducing Health Disparities (RHD) effort; represents the Health Services Director in RHD matters; plans, organizes and coordinates the Department’s reducing health disparities activities; and performs other related work as required.
We are looking for someone who is:
Able to maintain effective and cooperative relationships with senior management, employees, community members, elected officials and the general public
Able to utilize good judgment and discretion to effectively handle confidential matters
A few reasons you might love this job:
Never a dull moment! Intermediate to fast paced working environment
Will face challenging situations
What you will typically be responsible for:
Developing, managing, coordinating and monitoring the Department’s Health Equity Improvement Plan
Representing the Health Services Director in meetings regarding health equity and other issues
Licensed Required: Possession of a valid California Motor Vehicle Operator’s License. Out of state valid motor vehicle operator’s license will be accepted during the application process.
Education: Possession of a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in health care administration, public health, nursing, health education, social welfare or a closely related field.
Experience: Two years of full-time experience, or its equivalent, in a health care organization, public health agency, community program or a related field providing program management and direction and other administrative duties.
Substitution: Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in health care administration, public health, nursing, health education, social welfare or a closely related field AND three years of full-time experience, or its equivalent, managing, directing and performing other administrative duties in a health care organization, public health agency or community program may be substituted for the Master’s degree requirement. One additional year of experience of the type noted above may be substituted for the required academic major.
Closing Date: August 14, 2020
Application Filing: All applicants, including County employees, are to apply on-line at http://www.cccounty.us/hr and submit the required information as indicated on the job announcement. All applicants must clearly demonstrate that they meet the minimum qualifications provided on the job announcement. Resumes may not be substituted for the official County application. Paper, faxed or late applications WILL NOT be accepted. To view the typical tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities associated with this position, please visit our website to see the detailed job description. EOE
Internal Number: SR51694
About Contra Costa County Health Services
Our mission is to care for and improve the health of all people in Contra Costa County with special attention to those who are most vulnerable to health problems.
Contra Costa Health Services is the largest department of County government, employing more than 3,500 individuals. Only 13% of the CCHS budget is from local tax resources. The remaining 87% is supported by federal and state funding programs, such as Medi-Cal and Medicare as well as program grants and fees.
We provide high quality services with respect and responsiveness to all.
We are an integrated system of health care services, community health improvement and environmental protection.
We anticipate community health needs and change to meet those needs.
We work in partnership with our patients, cities and diverse communities, as well as other health, education and human service agents.
We encourage creative, ethical and tenacious leadership to implement effective health policies and programs.