MetroWest Medical Center is the largest community health care system between Worcester and Boston. MetroWest Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive care, at a location close to home. The 307-bed regional healthcare system includes Framingham Union Hospital, Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick and the MetroWest Wellness Center. MetroWest Medical Center has been named to the 2019 Americaï¿½s 100 Best Hospitals List by Healthgrades.
1. Answers telephone and directs/forwards calls appropriately and takes accurate phone messages in a professional manner.
2. Obtains necessary patient demographics. Obtains prior authorizations. Schedules pretesting, surgeries, and procedures within hospital when applicable
3. Receives and obtains referrals and forwards them appropriately, when applicable.
4. Produces correspondence from dictation, drafts, etc, proofreads
5. Photocopies all documents when appropriate.
6. Open and distribute mail daily.
7. Prioritizes schedule and strives to make best use of time to ensure all assignments are completed on time.
8. Familiar with Athena reminder call system and report
9. Ability to scan insurance card in the system
10. Ability to check eligibility and verify insurance coverage for each patient
11. Check in and out patients in a professional manner
12. Project professional and friendly image at all time
13. Work as a team with all the staff, department and vendors
14. Have an understanding of all communication system including fax, phones, internet
15. Ability to open and scan document in Athena Clinical
16. Monitor the flow of messages thru Athena EMR
Experience Required: Must be organized, always pleasant and helpful on phones, quick, efficient and accurate. Some familiarity with medical-office procedures and medical terminology important. Must be computer-literate. Flexibility to fill in for vacations and absences. Ability to work well and with others in an open office environment essential with a professional and positive attitude. Must be bi-lingual (English/Portuguese).
Primary Location: Framingham, Massachusetts
Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2005004521
About MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.