Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 800,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Shift Information: Day Job
- Adds value as a key member of management; understands the business, financials, industry, customers and strategy.
- Supervises employees, provides direction, coaches, trains and develops, and manages performance to company goals and expectations.
- Prepares, manages, and adheres to department budget to maintain expenditure controls.
- Work closely with Ohio Children’s Hospital Association (OCHA), Children’s Hospitals Association (CHA), and Ohio Hospital Association (OHA) on the planning, implementation and evaluation of government relations strategies and tactics, particularly in the areas of Medicaid and Children’s Hospitals Graduate Medical Education (CHGME) funding.
- Work closely with senior leadership, Women’s Board, Board of Trustees, medical staff, and other key staff to identify and develop government relations strategies, as well as institutional partnerships and coalitions.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with elected local, state and federal government officials and lobby on behalf of Akron Children’s.
- Initiate, participate and represent Akron Children’s Hospital in collaborative programming that promotes community health improvement safety and education.
- Identifies opportunities to engage legislative professionals in related efforts.
- Other duties as required.